I keep women off the streets by training them to be mechanics
Sandra wants to put an end to the false promise of work in Europe that lures many Nigerian women into the hell of prostitution. Her tactic? She’s created a series of car repair shops in Nigeria run by women where women can train to become “Lady Mechanics”. The program proves in a striking way that the country holds the keys to its own economic prosperity.
- Sandra AgueborI keep women off the streets by training them to be mechanics
- Atanase PérifanI created Neighbour Day
- wong Mun SummI doubled green space by building a hotel
- Andrea ColemanOur drivers tackle some of Africa's toughest roads to save lives.
- Daniel CharbonnierWe transformed a bunker into a hotel
- Martha DelgadoI trade your trash for organic food
- Anke DomaskeI manufacture fabric out of milk leftovers
- Cédric CarlesI use nature to play turntables
- Claudia HollmI created a soup kitchen for animals
- La Nuit du Clean Tag
- Britta RileyI grow vertical gardens
- Miguel LuengoWipe out malaria with my video game
- Major AhluwaliaI created a hospital for paralysed people like me
- David WadströmI purify water with solar energy
- Anita AhujaI recycle plastic bags in New Delhi
- Un chantier complètement fou !
- Salomon RaydanI created the bank of the poor
- Simon VélezI use bamboo like others use iron
- Thomas GranierI'm building sustainable earthen roofs
- Tony MelotoI’ve helped a million Filipinos out of extreme poverty